"Pink Flamingoes, White Horses, Black Bulls" Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue by Beausoleil
Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 109 photos
No leaves on the trees, few tourists . . . but there were lots of local folks out walking their dogs and shopping in the village. We were also able to walk the beach with only a few local people and their dogs for company. It was lovely.
We thoroughly enjoy the Camargue in summer but early winter has its advantages!
Could any food possibly taste bad in a setting like this?
I think this is called a muskrat in the USA although I've never found ragondin in a French dictionary to check it. They are supposed to be an introduced pest but they're awfully cute. They live in the water so when you see them, they are always dripping wet and they're shy enough not to seem threatening. We've not seen them in the summer but in the autumn we saw quite a few.
Discovered on Wikipedia that: The Ragondin or coypu differs from the muskrat by its larger size and its tail, round at the coypu section while it is oval in Muskrat. They are a serious pest introduced from South America in the 19th century for their fur.
I suppose flamingo, swan or egret pictures would be prettier but everyone has those and they are lovely . . . but this guy is sooooo cute.
- Pros:A magical place to wander looking at wildlife
- In a nutshell:An ornithological reserve and sand beaches. Great!
We take the D570 from Arles down through the Camargue. Just above Stes. Mares de la Mer is the Parc Ornithologique.... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "' LA CAMARGUE '"
- "THE UNIQUE WETLANDS OF LA CAMARGUE"
- "The wild Camargue"
- "Camargue - Saintes-Marie-de-la-Mer - Arles"
- "PINK FLAMINGOS IN "LA CAMARGUE""
- "Wild horses, flamencos and rice"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue
- Hotels in Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue
- Restaurants in Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue
- Shopping in Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue
- Posted in Travel Italy Forum "Re: Travelling in Tuscany"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Parc Ornithologique de Pont de Gau"
- updated a Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue Travel Page "Pink Flamingoes, White Horses, Black Bulls"
- Wrote a Review A great day trip in the Camargue (with car) in Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue Things to Do
Photos in Parc Naturel Régional de CamargueSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 327 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue