"Very small but has everything you need." Cénac-et-Saint-Julien by Beausoleil
Cénac-et-Saint-Julien Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
We decided to explore the Dordogne region of France. We'd driven through it several times and were captured by the wild beauty of the region so this was the year. We researched Gites de France, Holiday-Rentals.com and VRBO (vacation rental by owner) and came up with a truly lovely little house. We found the beautiful place pictured above. If you're interested, you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to mention the house in Cenac. (This is their American friend and she speaks English.)
The owner is the wife and mother of two butchers in Cenac and is thoroughly charming although she does not speak English. Her daughter-in-law and granddaughter both speak excellent English.
The web site indicates you may want to drive to Sarlat for shopping but we found everything we needed right in Cenac. They have two butcher shops, 3 boulangeries, a local wine-produce market, pharmacie, wifi Internet cafe, several bars, a post office and even a small supermarket at the edge of town.
We just returned from our second trip staying in this charming gite. We took our adult daughter with us this time and she now loves it as much as we do. The gite is beautiful; the area is fascinating and the owners friendly and helpful. We will return again as soon as we can.
Here is a photo of the front of M. Guinot's butcher shop and deli. Highly recommended. He supplies some of the best restaurants in the area but the shop is small and friendly.
The entire town is small and friendly. There is ample parking in the lot by the Maire and you can easily walk to all shopping except the supermarket at the edge of town.
Eglise Ste. Marie in Cenac (or rather on the edge of town) is a very grand church for such a small village. It's history includes being associated with the very powerful Abbey at Cluny and that explains its size. The carvings inside are magnificent and not to be missed.
There is parking on the side road just past the church and it's a great place for a walk in the countryside if you enjoy that sort of thing.
- Pros:A small friendly village with all you need
- In a nutshell:Great base for exploring a magnificent area of France.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Cénac-et-Saint-Julien Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Very small but has everything you need."
- Create a Cénac-et-Saint-Julien Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Cénac-et-Saint-Julien
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (285)
Have you been to Cénac-et-Saint-Julien?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cénac-et-Saint-Julien
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Bus from CDg airport to orly..."
- Beausoleil updated an itinerary France in 16 days.
- updated a Cénac-et-Saint-Julien Travel Page "Very small but has everything you need."
- Wrote a Review An amazing area in Cénac-et-Saint-Julien Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "An amazing area"
Photos in Cénac-et-Saint-JulienSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 496 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos