"A beautifully furnished chateau" Cheverny by Beausoleil
Cheverny Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 208 photos
Cheverny is not a medieval chateau. It's quite modern (as chateaus go), in marvelous shape and beautifully furnished. The grounds are spectacular and beg for a leisurely walk. You can watch the feeding of the hounds and marvel at how well trained they are. Then take a walk in the kitchen garden and notice how beautifully decorated it is.
There are horses to admire next to the garden. It is a beautiful experience. Check the Official Web site for times and prices. Official Web Site for Chateau Cheverny
We were amazed the first time we saw this. You can't believe how well trained these dogs are. We saw if for the first time at a different chateau and several chateaus make a show of the daily feedings. It is worth it and great fun for the kids. At one of the chateaus it was spring and they had the puppies out to show them off. All the children at that show were much more interested in puppies than in the feeding ritual. I wonder why!
The village of Cheverny is tiny but very pretty, covered with flowers. There is at least one bar across from the chateau entrance and a very nice restaurant right beside the entrance. It's fun to visit the church and walk around the village to admire all the flowers and the architecture. Notice the pretty lace curtains in all the windows.
- Pros:Small, quiet and beautiful village
- In a nutshell:A completely different chateau experience
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Cheverny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Château de Cheverny: A Brilliant Original"
- "The Château of Cheverny"
- "Château de Cheverny"
- "Chateau de Cheverny"
- "Cheverny Castle"
- "The Chateau of Cheverny Has Many Fine Interiors"
- "A beautifully furnished chateau"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheverny
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (238)
Have you been to Cheverny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheverny
Photos in ChevernySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 127 reviews, 472 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 154 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues