"Cinq Mars, a Page out of History" Cinq-Mars-la-Pile by Beausoleil
Cinq-Mars-la-Pile Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
Ina Caro wrote a marvelous book about traveling through French history ("The Road from the Past") and we followed it in reverse one year. It was great fun. One of our first stops outside Paris was at Cinq Mars la Pile. If you leave Tours headed west, Cinq Mars is two-thirds of the way to Langeais and on the Loire River.
You park at the local B&B on the site and go through their courtyard to visit the ruins of the old chateau. We happened to be there in the rain so had the place all to ourselves which was fun. You can climb the ancient towers and wander down into the moat. There are ancient machines of war to view and from the gardens you have spectacular views up and down the Loire.
Walk the moat in the rain. Fun. You can take pictures of the ancient war machines there and climb all over the place. It would be a great place for children.
There are steps covered with moss and other steps that appear to go nowhere. Climb them and explore. No grand furnishings nor flower arrangements, but great ruins and the garden is full of lavender that you walk through as you look up and down the Loire and over the lovely little town.
- Pros:Out of the way, stunning views, fun for kids
- In a nutshell:Few tourists and stunning views, near many chateaus
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Cinq-Mars-la-Pile Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cinq-Mars-la-Pile
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Cinq-Mars-la-Pile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cinq-Mars-la-Pile
Photos in Cinq-Mars-la-PileSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 285 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 27 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Tourette-sur-Loup Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos