"Clecy in Normandy . . . out of season" Clécy by Beausoleil
Clécy Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Clecy in the Suisse Normande is bustling with tourists during the season. In the autumn as the leaves change and the wind chills, the tourists leave and it is a quiet and charming village.
The church is always the most noticable building in a small town because of the tower. Check inside because there is usually some hidden gem of art tucked in a side altar someplace.
It it is very hot outside, you can cool off in the church. If you're lucky, the organist will be practicing. If it is very cold and windy outside, you can warm up inside the church . . . or if it's raining . . . you get the idea.
We thought it would be fun to visit the Hardy Museum since we were in town, but it was closed the day we were there. We couldn't determine if it was a seasonal closing or just the day. The sign said to go to the Tourist Office but it was also closed with no sign at all.
At the foot of the town is the river Orne and there are lots of guinguettes, restaurants, kayak and paddle boat rentals along it. Unfortunately, these were also all closed. We had a search for a restaurant but found a very nice one right in town.
- Pros:Charming, with lots to do in summer
- Cons:The town seems to close out of season (Oct. 4 for us)
- In a nutshell:Beautiful drive there and lovely setting above the Orne
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Clécy Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Clécy
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Clécy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clécy
Photos in ClécySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 123 reviews, 445 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues