"Crevecoeur-en-Auge" Crèvecoeur-en-Auge by Beausoleil
Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 58 photos
This marvelous little building is the gatehouse to the chateau and farm museum and where you buy your tickets. There is also a small gift shop inside.
The chateau is a bit outside of town but definitely worth a visit. There are exhibits, a brief movie about building half-timbered houses, another small museum in one grange with a movie about electronic prospecting.
There was a medieval music exhibit in the chapel and there are animals on the grounds. The chateau is being renovated but much is finished and open to the public with very nice displays.
You cross a little bridge from the chapel and grounds to get to the chateau. Most of the walls have been destroyed but they are gradually putting it back together. Inside there are many rooms open and several have figures dressed in period costume. There is also a coinage exhibit that is interesting.
Beside the chapel is a small woven-willow-enclosed herb garden. There is a moat with the required ducks!
The town is a bit removed from the chateau and is very small. There is a good-sized parking lot directly across from the Auberge du Cheval Blanc. We asked at the chateau for a nearby restaurant and this was recommended. We thoroughly enjoyed it. We were seated in the front section with all the windows so had a nice view as we ate. There is a garden in the back that would be nice in warmer weather.
It is an auberge so they do rent rooms and there were guests coming and going. We happened to be there the day a film crew was visiting so it was quite exciting.
- Pros:Lovely chateau and grounds; rather small village nearby
- Cons:The chateau is not in the center of town and the town is quite small.
- In a nutshell:Very friendly and the educational program at the chateau was quite interesting.
We arrived a bit before the opening at 11 o'clock so wandered the grounds enjoying the heavily laden apple... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- Hotels in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- Restaurants in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Crèvecoeur-en-Auge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge
- Posted in Travel Avignon Forum "Re: Central Avignon Train Station..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Crèvecoeur-en-Auge travel pages
- updated a Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Travel Page "Crevecoeur-en-Auge"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit the Chateau"
- Wrote a Review Visit the Chateau in Crèvecoeur-en-Auge Things to Do
Photos in Crèvecoeur-en-AugeSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 111 reviews, 372 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues