"Daglan should be a Plus Beau Village; it's pretty" Daglan by Beausoleil
Daglan Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos
. . . and so glad we did. I was looking around the area near where we had rented a house a couple months before and spotted this place. It looked nice enough but then I clicked on the Google Photos of the town and fell in love with it. M. Michel Chanaud who lives in Sarlat-la-Canéda had taken pictures of Daglan on a magnificent stormy day with brightly lit buildings and black storm clouds backing them. It was captivating and we immediately decided to visit on our next trip.
We did and here are some photos.
In the Dordogne the buildings are, for the most part, built of the local gold-colored stone so the villages and houses glow in the sunlight. It's particularly pretty at sunrise and sunset, but all day they are truly beautiful.
Add baskets of flowers and you have one lovely photo after another.
This was on a side street and looked like the perfect place for a morning coffee . . . or afternoon tea . . . or evening aperitif.
- Pros:Beautiful small village with no tourists
- In a nutshell:Absolute perfection
8 à Huit is the French equivalent to 7-Eleven. It's open from 8 AM to 8 PM and is a small grocery store that has... more travel advice
Women of the village used to get together at the village laverie and do their laundry together while exchanging gossip... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Daglan Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Daglan
- 6 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (286)
Have you been to Daglan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daglan
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: International Drivers License"
- Commented on one of Beausoleil's Daglan travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Looking for picnic fare?"
- updated a Daglan Travel Page "Daglan should be a Plus Beau Village; it's pretty"
- Wrote a Review Looking for picnic fare? in Daglan Shopping
Photos in DaglanSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 132 reviews, 496 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos