"Daglan should be a Plus Beau Village; it's pretty" Daglan by Beausoleil

Daglan Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos

Found this town on the Internet; had to visit

. . . and so glad we did. I was looking around the area near where we had rented a house a couple months before and spotted this place. It looked nice enough but then I clicked on the Google Photos of the town and fell in love with it. M. Michel Chanaud who lives in Sarlat-la-Canéda had taken pictures of Daglan on a magnificent stormy day with brightly lit buildings and black storm clouds backing them. It was captivating and we immediately decided to visit on our next trip.

We did and here are some photos.

Golden stone buildings and flowers

In the Dordogne the buildings are, for the most part, built of the local gold-colored stone so the villages and houses glow in the sunlight. It's particularly pretty at sunrise and sunset, but all day they are truly beautiful.

Add baskets of flowers and you have one lovely photo after another.

What a lovely place to start the day.

This was on a side street and looked like the perfect place for a morning coffee . . . or afternoon tea . . . or evening aperitif.

• Pros:Beautiful small village with no tourists
  • In a nutshell:Absolute perfection
  • Intro Updated Apr 21, 2012

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2015 at 1:47 AM

Daglan looks a charming village. I don't think I have ever seen one of those old laveries in any village in France. Good find!

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
      Dec 20, 2015 at 11:09 AM

I read an article about the laveries once and now we make a point of looking for them. Many smaller towns and even some cities still have them. It's fun to search.

Beausoleil

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Badges & Stats in Daglan