"Elne, a pink stone village" Elne by Beausoleil
Elne Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 33 photos
There is a beautiful cathedral in Elne and it's surrounded by flowers and wonderful scenery.
We visited Elne on a Sunday and it was very quiet. We toured the church and finished at lunch time. We could smell food all along the streets but none of the restaurants were open. We loved the cloister, all the flowers in town and the golden stone buildings . . . but we were hungry.
We found a great lunch in a nearby town. Thank goodness . . . 8^)
The cloister was peaceful as cloisters are meant to be. This one also was very interesting because they had local art displayed.
- Pros:Very peaceful and utterly gorgeous French village.
- Cons:Not a lot of restaurants open on Sundays.
- In a nutshell:Don't miss the cathedral and walk through the pink-gold stone streets.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Elne Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Elne
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Elne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Elne
Photos in ElneSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 327 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue