"Grasse - Perfumeries and a Flower Market" Top 5 Page for this destination Grasse by Beausoleil
Grasse Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 137 photos
Most people visit Grasse for the perfume . . . an excellent reason to visit. Fragonard has a very nice perfume museum with tours in several languages. The tour ends, fittingly, at the gift shop. This, of course, is my favorite part of the experience.
I've been there enough to know exactly what perfumes I want, but I love to smell them all anyway. In addition to perfumes, they have marvelous soaps. I like them so well that I use mail order when I run out. They smell good, look good and are triple milled so they last forever . . . well, not quite forever or I wouldn't have to mail order them!
It's a fun experience.
The flower market is at its showiest on Saturdays in summer. Don't forget your camera. The colors are unbelieveable. The whole market area is terrific. The flowers surround the charming old fountain.
And . . . there is a vegetable market, a cheese market, a meat market and breads for sale. It's also lots of fun to watch local buyers. They know each other and all the vendors and they know exactly what they want. It's a great way to spend a morning.
Buy some flowers for your hotel room!
Of course they can. The vegetables rival the flowers in beauty at the central market. You are surrounded by flowers, vegetables, fountains, lovely old old houses and lots of local shoppers.
This is a great place to start your search for the perfect picnic lunch to take into the hills outside town and be so happy you came to France.
- Pros:Views, color, fresh air, reasonable prices
- Cons:Can't think of any . . .
- In a nutshell:Friendly people in a lovely area.
The best way to get to know a place is to walk around and see it on foot. You are forced to go slowly and see what is... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Grasse Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grasse: Perfume, Napoleon, and Madame Guillotine"
- "The birthcradle of parfume"
- "Grasse - Perfumeries and a Flower Market"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grasse
- Hotels in Grasse
- Transportation in Grasse
- Restaurants in Grasse
- Warnings and Dangers in Grasse
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grasse
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Grasse?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grasse
Photos in GrasseSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 111 reviews, 372 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues