"Houlgate on the Sea" Houlgate by Beausoleil
Houlgate Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 16 photos
There is a wide, long sandy beach fronted by "cottages" in the half-timbered Norman style. In season this is a bustling little town and the beach is full. Out of season when we were there, it is lovely for walking on the beach and very quiet. Many of the cottages were closed for the winter but there were still people on the beach and the downtown was full of citizens shopping.
There weren't many people about but it was a lovely brisk autumn day. Parking is not a problem out of season and you can pick your spot on the beach. We saw wind surfers and painters on our walk.
This is not recommended for lunch, but it certainly was a stunning display. We found a very nice restaurant across from the town market, but this would be excellent for dessert.
- Pros:Bustling beach town in summer; quiet beach town in winter.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Houlgate Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Houlgate
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Houlgate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houlgate
Photos in HoulgateSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 123 reviews, 445 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues