"Jausiers in the Alps" Jausiers by Beausoleil
Jausiers Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
We were staying at a nearby resort (many years ago) and decided to walk through the town. We started down this charming back street and passed the local youth hostel (white house) and looked in the open doorway. There was a collegial group gathered around a table having coffee and chatting. It looked like a lot more fun than the resort.
Jausiers is a very small village in the French Alps. The main square is pretty and they have ceremonies there on holidays. There is a nearby tabac where you can pick up some grocery items, stamps, etc. It was a lifesaver when I forgot sugar for the coffee at the grocery store.
The back streets are not all paved but are all picturesque. There is a chateau or at least a white tower on the hillside but we never did figure out how to get there. There is a bridge over the river Ubaye and a lovely park on the opposite side where there are play areas and a rock climbing practice site. You can walk along the river and it is gorgeous.
The church is on the main square and they had a small ceremony here the morning of Bastille Day. There were men in uniform and much shooting of guns and then the village went back to sleep. The fireworks were the night before and everyone went to Barcellonette on Bastille Day for their fireworks.
The inside of the church is very nice but does need a bit of repair. There is a marvelous sundial on the facade.
- Pros:Small, quiet, on a beautiful rushing river with glorious views of the Alps
- Cons:All activities are for outdoors, no clubs or nightlife we could see.
- In a nutshell:If you want to get out into nature, it's the perfect place. Just beautiful.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Jausiers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pastoralisme et colporteurs au Mexique"
- "Jausiers in the Alps"
- "In the Alps"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jausiers
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (254)
Have you been to Jausiers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jausiers
Photos in JausiersSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 131 reviews, 491 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Avignon Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos