"Want to get off the beaten track?" La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin by Beausoleil
La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 14 photos
You know how people always say they want to get off the beaten track and see how real people live, as though tourists weren't real people. Well, go to La Chapelle St. Ursin near Bourges and you will experience the real France.
The day we arrived, they were setting up what appeared to be a huge fete in front of the church. There were large and small trucks parked on the grass, barriers up, parking places blocked and people bustling about putting up a stage, presumably for an evening performance. It was all quite exciting.
I always tell people to visit the church. In this case, we skipped the church. Perhaps we'll return someday and see it. It just seemed a bit too difficult to wade through workers and trucks . . . but it's quite pretty from the outside.
Wonder what the fete was all about? Looked like it was going to be some party. Shall I do a "Nightlife" Tip?
When a well isn't used any more, what do you do with it? Here is one person's answer and we loved the idea.
If you take the time to walk through the town, all kinds of pleasant surprises await you, tiny carvings hidden away, farm animals, lovely flowers, busy mothers hustling children to and fro, the ubiquitous Frenchman with a baguette on the back of his bicycle.
Visit the artisan bakery for your picnic baguette!
- Pros:Quiet, lovely, very friendly village
- Cons:We had to miss the party that evening . . . so sad!
- In a nutshell:La Chapelle defines "Off the Beaten Track" -- lovely!
You don't have to go in, just admire it. Around the back is a lovely parking lot and off the parking lot in the Maire... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A small village in France profonde"
- "Want to get off the beaten track?"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (287)
Have you been to La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Member Map, Travel Pages..."
- updated a La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Travel Page "Want to get off the beaten track?"
- Wrote a Review Visit the Town Hall in La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go to the Boulanger . . . picnic time!"
- Commented on one of Jeannette1's La Chapelle-Saint-Ursin travel pages
Photos in La Chapelle-Saint-UrsinSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 134 reviews, 506 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos