"Livarot . . . It's all about the cheese." Livarot by Beausoleil
Livarot Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 10 photos
Livarot is all about cheese! The town is lovely and the Tourist Information Office is the friendliest we've ever visited. But . . . you really must visit the local cheese factory. It is fascinating.
Be sure to arrive early in the morning because when the milk is delivered, the cheese making process starts and it waits for no man. If you arrive late, there isn't much to see.
This was a cold rainy autumn day and the streets were very quiet but the market was open and flowers were out. Everyone was very friendly and the buildings are really pretty.
This is late September and the flowers are still blooming! Hooray.
- Pros:Lovely half-timbered houses and stores
- In a nutshell:Friendliest Tourist Office in Normandy
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Livarot Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Livarot
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Livarot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Livarot
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: What is the address of..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit the Cheese Factory, La Fromagerie Graindorge"
- Wrote a Review Visit the Cheese Factory, La Fromagerie Graindorge in Livarot Things to Do
- updated a Livarot Travel Page "Livarot . . . It's all about the cheese."
Photos in LivarotSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 464 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 154 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues