"Pretty and off the beaten track" Loches by Beausoleil
Loches Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 79 photos
Loches is a lovely town set on a river. It is a very walkable place and while you are walking, look for the little surprises. Shops have quaint and lovely signs, some like this one and others hand painted.
I took this in September so going off season doesn't mean you will miss the flowers. This is a little bridge over the Indre just outside the gate into Old Town and there were geraniums planted all across the bridge. To the left is a greenway and to the right you look up to the old chateau. The church by the chateau is where Agnes Sorel is buried.
Here's the local Tourist Office web site in English.
Go through the old gate, climb the cobblestone streets, go through the huge portal in the ancient wall and climb to the church and chateau. Stop and view the tomb of Agnes Sorel and then go to the chateau next to it and visit. The chateau is not completely open and not particularly well furnished but there are some lovely parts of it and the view from the terrace is worth the entire trip. You overlook the entire town and the Indre River.
- Pros:Beautiful town on the Indre River, very peaceful and friendly
- Cons:With free parking, there are no cons!
- In a nutshell:Beauty, art, history and good food. Wonderful place to visit.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Loches Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Amorous Escape in an Old Fortress"
- "A great t(r)ip!"
- "Loches - Century old Fortified Town"
- "Medieval city of Loches"
- "I can't resist a tower"
- "Medieval Loches"
- "Pretty and off the beaten track"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Loches
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (241)
Have you been to Loches?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loches
Photos in LochesSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 129 reviews, 479 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 154 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues