"Don't miss the Chateau de Luynes in the Loire" Luynes by Beausoleil
Luynes Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 16 photos
There is a chateau in nearly every town of any size and many are open to visitors. After you've made the rounds of the famous chateaus, try some of the lesser known ones. Many are a treat, very friendly and welcoming and you are not surrounded by hordes of tourists so you can ask questions and have interaction, often with the owners.
The Chateau de Luynes has been inhabited for over 1000 years and still is so you must take a tour to visit since it is someone's home. It is only open from the first weekend in April until September 30th so it's not available to visitors out of season.
That said, it is well worth the trip for both chateau and views. They will also direct you to a marvelous little restaurant nearby where we enjoyed a wonderful meal.
Hm, aren't they all? Well, not necessarily but a great many have commanding views of valleys and rivers. Luynes is no exception. You can wander the grounds and charming gardens and enjoy the views from every vantage point.
Chateau de Luynes makes a fine day out combined with the chateau in Langeais nearby.
- Pros:Lovely views, friendly staff
- Cons:No photos inside; it's their home.
- In a nutshell:Most pleasant experience
There are stairs and there are citrus trees in the moat so it has to be a microclimate. Great fun. It's a separate... more travel advice
It's only open from the first weekend in April until Sept. 30 so you have to time your visit if you travel out of... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Luynes Travel Guide
Explore the World
- North Korea Hotels
- Lethbridge Hotels
- Permskaya Oblast'
- Altapass Hotels
- Humboldt Lagoons State Park Hotels
- Garden City Beach Hotels
- Grand Rapids
- Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Washington Crossing State Park
- Castel Petraio Hotels
- Santa Teresa
Badges & Stats in Luynes
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Luynes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luynes
Photos in LuynesSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 285 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Tourette-sur-Loup Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos