"Lyons la Foret" Lyons-la-Forêt by Beausoleil
Lyons-la-Forêt Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos
When you drive into Lyons-la-Foret, you pass some tiny very medieval looking houses. Then you come to this gem where there is parking. This is the house where Maurice Ravel is supposed to have written Le Tombeau de Couperin.
It's a great introduction to the lovely little town.
For more pictures, see the Travelogue below.
This is a great place to have a cup of coffee while you watch the market across the street.
If you took away the cars, this would look like a movie set straight out of the Middle Ages . . . and it has been. Several movies have been made here so if it looks familiar, it probably is.
- Pros:Completely, utterly charming
- Cons:I can't stay forever
- In a nutshell:Lovely and relaxing
Do stop at the tourist office and get a walking map of Lyons la Foret. It is the perfect walking village, a quaint sight... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Lyons-la-Forêt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Foret des Lyons - Beautiful French Landscape"
- "Lyons la Foret"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lyons-la-Forêt
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (254)
Have you been to Lyons-la-Forêt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lyons-la-Forêt
Photos in Lyons-la-ForêtSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 131 reviews, 491 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Avignon Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos