"Jacmel, beaches and paintings . . ." Jacmel by Beausoleil
Jacmel Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 64 photos
Jacmel is a town full of surprises. There is the wonderful black sand beach with excellent surf. There is art around every corner. There are fabulous views. There is wonderful seafood in all the restaurants.
There are also little hidden coves for fishing and swimming if you take the back roads and search for them. Ask the locals or even hire a guide . . . support the Haitian economy!
This should be a hotel tip but I love the photo so here it is. This is a charming, old fashioned Haitian Pension. The rooms do not have private baths, but the upstairs bath is utterly charming, painted in florals. The downstairs bathroom opens onto a courtyard so you can shower in the open air.
All the rooms I've seen open onto the balcony that looks out over the beautiful bay. The service is excellent; the coffee outstanding; the views superb. You can walk anyplace in town from here and also to the beach.
There is no air conditioning and it might be described as "shabby-chic" but if you like charm, it is lovely.
- Pros:Stunning view, great swimming, excellent art, lovely crafts
- Cons:Getting there can be an adventure.
- In a nutshell:Utterly charming old Haiti . . . here and now!
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Jacmel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jacmel- The potential of Haiti"
- "AngelGabriel's new Jacmel Page"
- "Jacmel, beaches and paintings . . ."
- "2 Weeks in Jacmel, Haiti"
- "Medical missions to Haiti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jacmel
- Hotels in Jacmel
- Transportation in Jacmel
- Nightlife in Jacmel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jacmel
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (162)
Have you been to Jacmel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jacmel
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 101 reviews, 334 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues