"Nice is nice in October" Nice by Beausoleil
Nice Travel Guide: 1,829 reviews and 3,935 photos
Nice is very crowded during the "season" but in the autumn, it is lovely and uncrowded. There is an excellent public transportation system and fares to Nice airport are reasonable.
Just wandering through town is reason enough to go, but the seaside is lovely; the Cours Saleya markets are fun; the surrounding area is diverse and if you need more, take a train to other exciting places on the Riviera.
This was taken in mid-October. As you can see, it is still warm enough to eat outside. Walk through the town, visit the Promenade, tour the market and then settle down streetside for a leisurely lunch and some genuine people watching.
(please find the "Travelogue" heading and see the market photos)
In the summer, this is an incredibly crowded busy place. In October, there were a few people actually in the water, but it was mostly people out for a quiet walk.
If you like peace and the ocean, come in the autumn. If you like bustling crowds, come in July and August.
- Pros:Lovely city, friendly people, great views, terrific market
- Cons:construction during our stay was manic
- In a nutshell:Quiet Nice in the Fall; Fun Nice in the summer
Don't miss the market at Cours Saleya if you are in Nice. The most famous is the flower market, but there is a fish... more travel advice
The bus system in Nice is excellent and very reasonable. But, the trams are a lot more fun. If you are doing the normal... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Nice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Life"
- "Nissa La Bella"
- "Nice - Cote d'Azur, South of France"
- "My Nice webpage"
- "Accessible Nice"
- "My home town"
- "Nice - Gem on the French Riviera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nice
- Hotels in Nice
- Transportation in Nice
- Nightlife in Nice
- Restaurants in Nice
- Shopping in Nice
- Warnings and Dangers in Nice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nice
- 9 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 311 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (237)
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nice
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Paris; Ile Saint-Louis"
- Wrote a Review Cours Saleya is a must-see in Nice about Cours Saleya in Nice Things to Do
- Commented on one of Beausoleil's Nice travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't miss the Modern Art Museum"
- updated a Nice Travelogue "Cours Saleya, Nice"
Photos in NiceSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 126 reviews, 467 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 154 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues