"Nice is nice in October" Nice by Beausoleil
Nice Travel Guide: 1,979 reviews and 4,506 photos
Nice is very crowded during the "season" but in the autumn, it is lovely and uncrowded. There is an excellent public transportation system and fares to Nice airport are reasonable.
Just wandering through town is reason enough to go, but the seaside is lovely; the Cours Saleya markets are fun; the surrounding area is diverse and if you need more, take a train to other exciting places on the Riviera.
This was taken in mid-October. As you can see, it is still warm enough to eat outside. Walk through the town, visit the Promenade, tour the market and then settle down streetside for a leisurely lunch and some genuine people watching.
(please find the "Travelogue" heading and see the market photos)
In the summer, this is an incredibly crowded busy place. In October, there were a few people actually in the water, but it was mostly people out for a quiet walk.
If you like peace and the ocean, come in the autumn. If you like bustling crowds, come in July and August.
- Pros:Lovely city, friendly people, great views, terrific market
- Cons:construction during our stay was manic
- In a nutshell:Quiet Nice in the Fall; Fun Nice in the summer
If you have a few days in Nice, get on the bus and visit nearby Cagnes-sur-Mer. It is famous for for the Renoir Museum... more travel advice
We spent the morning at the Beaux Arts and were having a substantial dinner that evening so we only wanted a sandwich... more travel advice
Written Apr 18, 2016
France in 16 days
Written Feb 22, 2016
Provence for 7 Days based in Nice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Nice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Life"
- "Nissa La Bella"
- "Nice - Cote d'Azur, South of France"
- "My Nice webpage"
- "Accessible Nice"
- "My home town"
- "Nice - Gem on the French Riviera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nice
- Hotels in Nice
- Transportation in Nice
- Nightlife in Nice
- Restaurants in Nice
- Shopping in Nice
- Warnings and Dangers in Nice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nice
- 13 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 373 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (283)
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nice
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: I'm getting Forum notices I..."
- updated a Nice Travelogue "Cours Saleya, Nice"
- Beausoleil updated an itinerary France in 16 days.
- Commented on one of Beausoleil's Nice itineraries
- Wrote a Review If you enjoy the Impressionists . . . in Nice Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "If you enjoy the Impressionists . . ."
Photos in NiceSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 134 reviews, 506 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos