"Nuits-St. Georges in Burgundy" Nuits-Saint-Georges by Beausoleil

Nuits-Saint-Georges Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 20 photos

Nuits-St. Georges has more than wine tasting!

We first discovered Nuits-St. Georges on the N74 driving north from Beaune, where we were camping, to Dijon. We drove through and didn't stop but couldn't help notice all the signs for "degustation" all over town. We promised ourselves to visit Nuits in the future.

We later discovered an amazing place that brought us back. Yes, it is crass commercialism and aimed at tourists . . . but . . . it is also tremendous fun.

Keep reading.

As you drive into town past various wine tasting establishments, you come to a charming little fountain square with yet another wine tasting establishment.

Keep driving the best is yet to come . . .

You arrive at the Hotel de Ville square. I've discovered many people think the Hotel de Ville is an actual hotel where people stay. This is not true. The Hotel de Ville is the US equivalent of a City Hall. It's where city government offices are and always has copious French flags flying. That's the first clue!

After admiring the Hotel de Ville, keep driving . . .

Oops, I guess you have to check the Things to Do Tip below . . . 8^)

• Pros:Charming, quiet, peaceful little French village
  • Cons:None that we saw
  • In a nutshell:You can taste wine all day . . . or . . .
  • Intro Written Aug 10, 2006

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Quality pages on such a small place. (Is that current current or perhaps it's only a current?) Cheers.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2006 at 3:33 AM

I didn't know about the cassissium, and I do like black currants. I admit I stayed there for the wine. Next time...

Beausoleil

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Badges & Stats in Nuits-Saint-Georges

Have you been to Nuits-Saint-Georges?