"Nuits-St. Georges in Burgundy" Nuits-Saint-Georges by Beausoleil
Nuits-Saint-Georges Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 20 photos
We first discovered Nuits-St. Georges on the N74 driving north from Beaune, where we were camping, to Dijon. We drove through and didn't stop but couldn't help notice all the signs for "degustation" all over town. We promised ourselves to visit Nuits in the future.
We later discovered an amazing place that brought us back. Yes, it is crass commercialism and aimed at tourists . . . but . . . it is also tremendous fun.
As you drive into town past various wine tasting establishments, you come to a charming little fountain square with yet another wine tasting establishment.
Keep driving the best is yet to come . . .
You arrive at the Hotel de Ville square. I've discovered many people think the Hotel de Ville is an actual hotel where people stay. This is not true. The Hotel de Ville is the US equivalent of a City Hall. It's where city government offices are and always has copious French flags flying. That's the first clue!
After admiring the Hotel de Ville, keep driving . . .
Oops, I guess you have to check the Things to Do Tip below . . . 8^)
- Pros:Charming, quiet, peaceful little French village
- Cons:None that we saw
- In a nutshell:You can taste wine all day . . . or . . .
There are an amazing number of things to do in the Beaune / Nuits St. Georges area either as a day trip (or trips) from... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Nuits-Saint-Georges Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- Hotels in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- Restaurants in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Nuits-Saint-Georges?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuits-Saint-Georges
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: travel from gare du nord to..."
- Wrote a Review Wine is good; cassis is fun; cheese is excellent in Nuits-Saint-Georges Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wine is good; cassis is fun; cheese is excellent"
- created a Nuits-Saint-Georges Travel Page "Nuits-St. Georges in Burgundy"
Photos in Nuits-Saint-GeorgesSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 130 reviews, 483 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 154 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Avignon Intro, 9 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue