"Obernai is a magic village" Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai by Beausoleil
Obernai Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 242 photos
We were staying in Barr, a favorite village, and decided to make a trip to Mont Ste. Odile and then drive to Selestat. Driving down from Mont Ste. Odile, I noticed Obernai on the map so we decided to see what was there.
What a GREAT little town. It turned out to be our favorite stop of the day. This is the main square right in front of the tower and town hall. To the right are a lot of restaurants and you can see church steeples in the background. It has to be the perfect wine village.
For more photos, please check the Travelogues at the bottom of the page.
The tower is the Beffroi (belfry) and the smaller building is the town hall. This is the center of town and is surrounded by restaurants and shops and several hotels.
Up a side street to the right of the town hall is the church and behind the church a lovely stream.
I think of the colored tiles as Burgundian but they appeared all over Alsace. I love the color tiled patterns. Why have a roof when you can have a work of art?!
- Pros:Really cute town with friendly people
- Cons:Absolutely none . . . it was perfect.
- In a nutshell:A great combination of France and Germany, the best of both!
The hotel-restaurant is in a house listed as a historic monument and is directly on the main square of Obernai. In... more travel advice
The church is a block above the town hall, just past the Well of the Six Buckets, a very ornate well. The twin towered... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Obernai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Town - Easy Day Trip from Strasbourg"
- "Do not miss Obernai, it is a must see in Alsace!"
- "The patron of Alsace"
- "Obernai is a magic village"
- "Short stop in Obernai"
- "The old architecture"
- "My Obernai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Obernai
- Hotels in Obernai
- Transportation in Obernai
- Restaurants in Obernai
- Warnings and Dangers in Obernai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Obernai
- 5 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (253)
Have you been to Obernai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obernai
Photos in ObernaiSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 131 reviews, 491 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Avignon Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos