"Perfect little medieval village" Orbec-en-Auge by Beausoleil
Orbec-en-Auge Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
We were there on a cold rainy day and it actually felt medieval. There were few people out and we were all ducking under the overhanging upper stories. The lights that were on looked very warm and welcoming and we found a marvelous little restaurant that was so good and so friendly we didn't want to leave. Alas, we eventually ate and talked our way through lunch and had to leave . . .
We visited on a Friday near the end of September and it was a miserable day. That made the restaurant seem even warmer and friendlier than it normally would. They had a fire in the fireplace and gleaming copper pans hung on the timbered walls.
This is Notre Dame and you can't miss it. It's lovely inside and we luckily happened upon a visiting choir who sang a few pieces while we all dried off inside the church. It really added atmosphere.
- Pros:Very quiet, friendly and incredibly picturesque
- Cons:Rain when we were there, but this doesn't happen every day!
- In a nutshell:Lovely town that feels very medieval and not very touristy.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Orbec-en-Auge Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Orbec-en-Auge
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (255)
Have you been to Orbec-en-Auge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orbec-en-Auge
Photos in Orbec-en-AugeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 131 reviews, 491 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 155 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Avignon Intro, 12 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos