"Rodez, a very friendly town" Rodez by Beausoleil
Rodez Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 50 photos
Our hotel room looked out at this church. If you walk along the street to the right or just go around the church, you come to a town square with outdoor cafes and about the friendliest people we've found anywhere.
The hotel was very nice; the cafes were good and friendly; the people in the town all seemed very happy. It was a cold cheerless day and everyone seemed determined to make up for the weather by being as nice as possible.
It was an overnight stop on the way to Provence and we know we'll go back someday and spend some time there. The area is beautiful and the town very nice.
We were wasting time until dinner and walked around town. Since we are both musicians, this immediately caught our eye. What a great way to advertise your business.
We make it a point to always visit the local church or churches when we visit a town. Not only are the buildings beautiful and historic, there is often wonderful art inside free for your enjoyment. In summer churches are cool resting places too. On cold rainy days, they are chilly but dry.
Many times we've been treated to impromptu concerts by musicians rehearsing in the church. We've heard singers, organists, string quartets, string ensembles, brass choirs, mixed small ensembles and even the occasional full orchestra.
- Pros:Very friendly and helpful people, lovely surrounding countryside
- In a nutshell:The new Viaduct of Millau is near Rodez. Both are worth a visit.
Notre Dame Cathedral is an amazing church. It catches your eye immediately because you drive up to a blank wall between... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Rodez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rodez, a very friendly town"
- "A Cathedral Sits on the Aveyron at Rodez"
- "MY PLAN TO VISIT RODEZ"
- "Hidden Treasure: RODEZ"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rodez
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (288)
Have you been to Rodez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rodez
Photos in RodezSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 134 reviews, 506 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 33 reviews, 160 photos, 2 travelogues
- Avignon Intro, 13 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Nice Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos