"Nous allons à Rouen . . ." Rouen by Beausoleil
Rouen Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,177 photos
If you are looking for a stunning cathedral, half-timbered houses, a charming historic district and lots of history, don't miss Rouen.
Take the little train tour when you arrive. It gives you a good orientation and then you can tour on foot.
I don't know why more people don't visit Rouen when they go to see the D-Day beaches. Rouen is a vibrant, historic city on the Seine between Giverny and Honfleur and you can easily spend a few days there. It is also a very clean, well-kept city so very pleasant to visit.
St. Ouen was an abbey and is a Gothic dream of light pouring through huge stained glass windows. We liked it better than the cathedral and it was in a lovely park setting. Don't miss it.
There are lovely little outdoor restaurants at every turn. When you get tired of walking, stop for a coffee or stop for lunch.
- Pros:Lovely, historic, quaint city without the tourist mania
- In a nutshell:Relax and enjoy a very French city.
Ste. Jeanne d'Arc was burned at the stake in Rouen. The Place du Vieux Marché is where she was burned and a large cross... more travel advice
If you've seen Monet's paintings of the Cathedral in Rouen at the Musée d'Orsay, a visit to the cathedral will be a very... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Rouen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rouen : both a modern and a medieval city."
- "Fantastic Rouen"
- "See the Flamboyant Gothic Churches"
- "ROUEN - CAPITAL OF NORMANDY"
- "My Rouen Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rouen
- Hotels in Rouen
- Transportation in Rouen
- Nightlife in Rouen
- Restaurants in Rouen
- Shopping in Rouen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rouen
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (156)
Have you been to Rouen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rouen
- Posted in Travel Barchon Forum "Re: Is the tour guided?"
- Wrote a Review Amazing modern church about Eglise Jeanne d'Arc - Vieux Marche in Rouen Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit the magnificent cathedral"
- updated a Rouen Travel Page "Nous allons à Rouen . . ."
- Commented on one of nygaston's Rouen travel pages
Photos in RouenSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 101 reviews, 334 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue