"You drive through St. Leger to visit Bibracte" Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray by Beausoleil
Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
We discovered that although Bibracte was open, its cafe was not. We were sent into St. Leger for lunch. You have a choice of two restaurants, a bakery and at least one small grocery store.
We chose the hotel and it was all right although nothing to write home about.
Bibracte, on the other hand, was fascinating.
St. Leger is a very small town, friendly but small. There is a restaurant perpendicular to this street and a restaurant in the hotel.
BTW, the apricot tart was memorable.
The Morvan Nature Park is in Burgundy and is magical. This section between St. Leger and Bibracte reminded us of parts of Switzerland. You don't have the Alps, but the lovely, well-kept rolling pastureland and neat little farms are very reminiscent. We loved driving in the area.
There are many things to visit including Bibracte and nearby Glux-en-Glenne, a Roman site. There is the marvelous cathedral in Autun and dozens of chateaus, many open to the public. There are wondrous churches too numerous to mention.
Great place for a vacation.
- Pros:Incredible surrounding countryside; Morvan Nature Park
- In a nutshell:Stunning scenery and lots of history.
We asked about lunch since the museum restaurant was closed for the season and the ticket lady sent us back to St. Leger... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "You drive through St. Leger to visit Bibracte"
- Create a Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray Travel Page
- Things to Do in Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray
- Restaurants in Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray
- Posted in Travel France Forum "Re: Best bed and breakfasts in..."
- updated a Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray Travel Page "You drive through St. Leger to visit Bibracte"
- Wrote a Review Touring the Morvan or visiting Bibracte, eat here in Saint-Léger-sous-Beuvray Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "You go through St. Leger for BIBRACTE"
Photos in Saint-Léger-sous-BeuvraySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 285 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 27 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Tourette-sur-Loup Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos