"Flowers flowers everywhere" Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives by Beausoleil
Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 37 photos
We parked right by this marvelous tree that wasn't a tree. It was a wire rack holding hundreds of flower pots, each filled with geraniums. In effect, it was a geranium tree.
The town was covered with flowers. Absolutely gorgeous and it was late September!
This is the cloister of the abbey. The church entrance is around the corner and the tourist office is inside the abbey walls. There is also a marvelous art gallery in one of the renovated abbey rooms. Definitely worth a visit and don't miss the garden across the street.
If you are in Basse Normandie, don't miss St. Pierre sur Dives. The abbey church is lovely; the garden is lovely; the town is lovely . . . even the pharmacy is lovely. There are flowers on all the buildings and around the central market square.
If you can manage to be there at sunset, it is magnificent.
- Pros:Beautiful little town on the river Dives.
- Cons:Absolutely none; it was even nice in the rain.
- In a nutshell:Spend enough time to enjoy it at a leisurely pace.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (238)
Have you been to Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Pierre-sur-Dives
Photos in Saint-Pierre-sur-DivesSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 127 reviews, 472 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 154 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues