"St. Remy has history . . . and tourists" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Rémy-de-Provence by Beausoleil
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 204 photos
Go through the magic arch and you find yourself in a different world.
They pollard the plane trees in the autumn and by next summer, they will again shade the streets of St. Remy completely.
It's a little bare in the winter though . . .
This is where Van Gogh was committed for a period in his life and they have renovated his room and opened it to the public. The church and cloisters are open and it is a very peaceful place to visit.
It is still a working asylum so you are not allowed free access of all areas.
It's a short walk across a field from Glanum so you can park there and walk to St. Paul de Mausole.
- Pros:Historic, peaceful, close to many Provencal sites.
- Cons:Can be very touristy, especially in season.
- In a nutshell:It is touristy but it is a great base for visiting that area of Provence
We joined friends in St. Remy for the famous market day. Fortunately our friends had enough sense to make a reservation... more travel advice
After you've checked the mausoleum and the triumphal arch, cross the road. There is an entire archeological excavation... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Remy--A Town Nestled in the Alpilles"
- "Provence is simply Heaven on Earth"
- "The Ancient City of Glanum Was Here"
- "Charming Town In The Foothills of Alpilles"
- "St. Remy has history . . . and tourists"
- "Saint Rémy de Provence"
- "A nice base for visiting Provence"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Hotels in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Transportation in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Restaurants in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Shopping in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- 4 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (245)
Have you been to Saint-Rémy-de-Provence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Metro entrance"
- Wrote a Review Good food; good service; great location in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good food; good service; great location"
- Commented on one of Radiomom's Saint-Rémy-de-Provence travel pages
- created a Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Travel Page "St. Remy has history . . . and tourists"
Photos in Saint-Rémy-de-ProvenceSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 130 reviews, 483 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 154 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Avignon Intro, 9 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Nice Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue