"Sélestat on the Alsace Wine Route" Sélestat by Beausoleil
Sélestat Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 92 photos
We originally started our day planning to visit Mont Ste. Odile and Sélestat and got sidelined in Obernai. We absolutely loved Obernai, but when our parking time ran out, we reverted to Plan A and drove to Sélestat. We accidentally got on the Autoroute so arrived very quickly!
Sélestat is a much larger town than Obernai and has more modern buildings. However, the center of town is quite charming, including this fountain square.
If you are interested in wine tasting or gourmet fare, here is a web site to help you with your travel plans. Alsace Wine and Gastronomy
Many towns in France have a carousel either in a town square or in a Place beside the church. These are always fun for the kids. You can have a coffee while they ride and everyone is happy.
If you don't have children with you, have the coffee anyway and enjoy watching someone else's children!
- Pros:Busy, pleasant, has nesting storks!
- Cons:Not as charming as we thought, but very nice.
- In a nutshell:Quaint, fun, pretty and the storks were great.
I hesitate to call this "off the beaten path" since there are many tourists and it is well-known castle in Alsace.... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Sélestat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sélestat on the Alsace Wine Route"
- "A link to America can be found in Sélestat"
- "Lovely Selestat Of Alsace,"
- "Selestat, FR"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sélestat
- 2 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Sélestat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sélestat
Photos in SélestatSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 101 reviews, 334 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue