"Semur-en-Auxois . . . despite VT's spelling 8^)" Semur-en-Auxois by Beausoleil
Semur-en-Auxois Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 89 photos
Semur is on a hill with a castle overlooking the Armançon River. You can park outside the Old Town and walk through the city gate and just wander the old part of the town. Views from the ramparts are spectacular.
These folks were walking through the town (in the rain) handing out advertising brochures for a coming festival. We saw them several times and they looked like they belonged there.
This was one of the storefronts in the Old Town. The man in front is an easel holding a painting. There was also a live market going on while we walked around in the rain. The weather didn't seem to bother anyone. The market was quite busy and people were out sightseeing too.
- Pros:Beautiful views of the town and from the town
- Cons:The rain, but it doesn't do that every day.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful and very friendly. Good food too.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Semur-en-Auxois Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Semur - medieval splendour."
- "Something to behold"
- "A Delightful Old Town"
- "Semur-en-Auxois . . . despite VT's spelling 8^)"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Semur-en-Auxois
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Semur-en-Auxois?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Semur-en-Auxois
Photos in Semur-en-AuxoisSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 285 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 27 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Tourette-sur-Loup Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos