"Sully, Visit the Chateau" Sully by Beausoleil
Sully Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 31 photos
We managed to arrive at the chateau when they were having a Day of Patrimony and there were tents set up all along the lawn with various activities and food. For some reason unknown to us we were directed to VIP parking. We didn't argue!
There appeared to be no charge that day and we walked right in past a lady in a giant Easter Bunny suit. It was not Easter but near Pentecost. We walked all over the grounds enjoying watching the activities and the beautiful chateau and garden.
Normally there is a fee of 7.50 euros for chateau, park and gardens. You can just visit the park and gardens for 3.50.
There is a chateau web site that gives information in French. The prices, opening hours and even nearby places to visit are listed on the tarifs page. http://www.chateaudesully.com/
Here's the sign on the gate. I took a photo but didn't read it until later. Guess we were supposed to have a reservation. Since we didn't, I'm not sure why we got VIP parking right by the chateau. Fun!
One of the tents had an assortment of odd and/or historic bicycles that people were allowed to try. This couple were on a bicycle built for two that had seats facing in opposite directions, i.e. one of them had to ride and steer backwards. Obviously they were having a lot of fun.
We were all having a lot of fun!
For information and history visit http://www.burgundytoday.com/historic-places/chateaux/sully.htm
- Pros:Truly a fun day and there are activities through the year
- In a nutshell:Beautiful chateau and grounds even without the fete.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Sully Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Why you're here"
- ""The Fontainebleau of Burgundy"-Mme. de Sevigne"
- "Sully, Visit the Chateau"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sully
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Sully?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sully
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 327 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue