"Thuir was a pleasant surprise." Thuir by Beausoleil
Thuir Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
On our way from Perpignan to St. Michel de Cuxa we started looking for lunch knowing full well that if we didn't stop by 2:00 PM that we wouldn't find a restaurant open and serving. The town of Thuir appeared on the map so we drove downtown and parked.
It's a tiny town but what a surprise. It was full of art installations. We found our cafe and had a lovely lunch and then spent a fun hour walking through town taking pictures of all the very fun art all over town.
So funny . . .
Many of the villages in southwest France were stone and when the sun shines on them, they seem to have an inner glow. If you enjoy photography or painting, every bend in the road is another picture.
- Pros:Friendly, pretty small town
- In a nutshell:Probably not a destination but a wonderul day trip.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Thuir Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thuir
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
Have you been to Thuir?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thuir
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 285 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 27 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Tourette-sur-Loup Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos