"Vence has an Old Town and a newer town" Vence by Beausoleil
Vence Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 60 photos
The market abutting Old Town Vence is great fun. They had fruits, vegetables, breads and even kittens and rescued animals. You could walk the market or sit and watch people playing petanque. Across the street are outdoor cafes and there are a few good restaurants right on the market square.
When the market ends, find Old Town and spend the rest of the day admiring the architecture, shops, church and spectacular views.
Yes, there is a wonderful Chagall mosaic in the church in Old Town. We attended Mass on one Sunday and it was Youth Sunday so we had a special program put on by the young people of the parish. It was all great fun. It's always fun to happen into a special event or festival.
The church is open for touring during the week.
Yes, there is one outside the Old Town area . . . and another in the Old Town square by the church.
Wander the ancient cobblestone streets admiring the buildings and then walk through the market looking for a picnic lunch. Take the picnic fixings and head out of town into the beautiful mountainous countryside and find a place by a stream to enjoy.
Ah . . . Provence.
- Pros:Old Town is utterly charming.
- In a nutshell:A fun base for exploring the area aroung Nice.
If you are visiting St. Paul de Vence (and you should), take the time to climb the hill and visit the Maeght Foundation.... more travel advice
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Vence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval Splendor"
- "Matisse's Vence"
- "Vence has an Old Town and a newer town"
- "Beautiful walled town"
- "A beautiful village"
- "St. Paul de Vence"
- "Saint-Paul de Vence"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vence
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (155)
Have you been to Vence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vence
Photos in VenceSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 101 reviews, 334 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue