"Villandry -- Fabulous Chateau and Gardens" Villandry by Beausoleil
Villandry Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 268 photos
There are many lovely Loire Valley chateaus but Chateau Villandry is more famous for its gardens than the chateau. There is a small canal that has begging carp, a tower that you can climb. On the other side of the fruit, vegetable and flower garden is a grape arbor and past that directly behind the chateau is the famous "Love Garden" made of hedges planted in symbols of love.
There is a lovely lake with fountain and swans, espalliered fruit trees, private arbors covered with roses where you can sit and rest and fountains at every turn.
They use fresh flowers from the gardens to decorate the inside of the chateau. It is well furnished and lovely and certainly worth a visit inside.
You can climb the old tower and the views are delightful from the top.
This is one of several charming bed chambers. The beds are set into the wall and curtained off, presumably to deflect cold winter winds seeping into the castle.
The bed hangings are different in each room and all reflect the lovely gardens outside that may be viewed from nearly all the chateau windows.
- Pros:For lovers of architecture and gardens it's perfect
- Cons:I can't live there forever!
- In a nutshell:Lunch outside the chateau entry, visit and have a lovely peaceful day.
Beausoleil's Related Pages
Villandry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WHAT A GARDEN!"
- "Château de Villandry: Gardens of Earthly Delights"
- "Villandry and It's Special Gardens"
- "Chateau de Villandry"
- "Chateau and Gardens at Villandry"
- ""Painting" with Plants"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villandry
- Hotels in Villandry
- Restaurants in Villandry
- Shopping in Villandry
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Villandry
- 1 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Villandry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villandry
Photos in VillandrySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 100 reviews, 327 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 31 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue