"Gaining Cultural Competence" CulturalCompetence's Profile

Introduction

We love to travel the "backroads" and get to know the locals when we travel. Arnold speaks 6 languages fluently, so we can nearly always find a new friend wherever we go! In the past year we have been to Boston (USA), Puerto Rico (Culebra), Isla de Pasqua a/k/a Easter Island (Chile), Moorea (Tahiti), the Netherlands, Nicaragua, and Honduras. We are currently planning a trip to NYC. Living in Florida, we are very fortunate to have awesome dive opportunities in our "backyard"...when the hurricanes don't mess things up! :-)

• Intro Updated Sep 2, 2004

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2005 at 5:04 PM

A very happy birthday from London, have a great time. fergy.

• magino88's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2005 at 12:50 AM

A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip. Happy Birtday 2 u>>>>>>>>

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 6:21 PM

Hi Christine! Great homepage and travels! I hope you will enjoy a very Happy Birthday and the coming year will be your Best Ever! Greetings and Best Wishes from your North Carolina Neighbor! ;-)

• enofile's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 10:01 AM

Dear CC, Since I love Culebra, and you have been to Culebra, will I enjoy Nicaragua's Corn Islands? Culebra is fantastique!

• magictravelers's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2005 at 10:13 AM

Happy B-Day to you and many travels! Cheers from Barcelona Javi & Nadya

• sahel578's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2004 at 6:23 PM

Hope that you made it through the hurricanes okay!

• Elena_007's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2004 at 2:32 PM

Thanks for your comments on my "American English" dictionary. 6 languages? Wow! That is impressive! Take care, and Happy traveling together. :-)

• joyfully26's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2004 at 1:17 PM

Please look at my site I have new pictures there. Bye Joyce Liu

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2004 at 9:45 PM

Welcome to VT and thanks for the visit to my pages. Enjoy life and all that it has to offer.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 9:37 PM

Thanks for the comments on the Egypt pages... please rate them and let me know! Also, I would love to see more tips on Moorea.. thats my next trip!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
CulturalCompetence's Profile Photo

CulturalCompetence

“Gaining cultural competence is the key to a good travel experience!”

Real Name