"Fragile Afghanistan" Afghanistan by jkseddon
Afghanistan Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,136 photos
It should go without saying that travel to Afghanistan entails some risk but provided you do your research and avoid certain areas, the risk is diminished drastically.
Just the name 'Afghanistan' brings so many images to mind -- many of which turn out to fairly accurate. The country bears so many scars from war but despite a quarter century of fighting the people are remarkably optimistic for the future.
I found email updates that I subscribed to very helpful in order to keep on top of developments without having to surf graphics-intensive websites. Take a look and subscribe to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's third branch covering Afghanistan and the Middle East.
- Pros:Wonderful hospitality
Do as much research as possible before going. A good place to start is Kabul Caravan Also look at The Survival Guide... more travel advice
jkseddon's Related Pages
Afghanistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Afghanistan, Where I work"
- "A Hopeful Future"
- "Canuckmike Finally Makes it to Afghanistan."
- "Kabul, Jalalabad, Herat, Kunduz,Bamiyan,Mazar"
- "Incredible Afghanistan..."
- "Afghanistan after the Taliban"
- "Many guns and loads of smiles..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Afghanistan
- Hotels in Afghanistan
- Transportation in Afghanistan
- Nightlife in Afghanistan
- Restaurants in Afghanistan
- Shopping in Afghanistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Afghanistan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Afghanistan
- 15 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Afghanistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Afghanistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Iran Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Ashgabat Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Almaty Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dushanbe Intro, 6 reviews
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tehran Intro, 5 reviews
- Muhafazat as Sulaymaniyah 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews