"Tashkent, city of...uh?" Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent by jkseddon
Tashkent Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 258 photos
Tashkent is the fourth largest city in the former Soviet Union and after a massive earthquake in the 1960s is thouroughly Sovietized. WIth wide avenues and spread out buildings even in the centre city, the population isn't too densely packed and sights are fairly far away from one another. On the plus side, it is a relatively cosmopolitan city with interesting museums and lots of success stories from other travellers getting visas.
- Pros:Great place in CA to get visas
- Cons:troubling police on the metro
- In a nutshell:Interesting enough to keep you occupied while you wait for visas to be processed
Changing money in Uzbekistan is still a hassle. While strict controls that created two markets is pretty much gone (the... more travel advice
Get a taxi to the Uzbek border from just about 1km north of the massive Lenin statue. It costs 20 somoni to the border... more travel advice
jkseddon's Related Pages
Tashkent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marriage in a Foreign Land"
- "Tashkent-Hidden treasure"
- "Tashkent, city of...uh?"
- "Tash means stone or rock & kent stands for city"
- "Tashkent, Green and Fresh"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tashkent
- Hotels in Tashkent
- Transportation in Tashkent
- Nightlife in Tashkent
- Restaurants in Tashkent
- Shopping in Tashkent
- Warnings and Dangers in Tashkent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tashkent
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tashkent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tashkent
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Iran Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Ashgabat Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Almaty Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Dushanbe Intro, 6 reviews
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tehran Intro, 5 reviews
- Muhafazat as Sulaymaniyah 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews