"Monday, Monday!" Top 5 Page for this destination Dushanbe by jkseddon
Dushanbe Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 108 photos
Dushanbe, 'monday' in Farsi, is a city that apparently at one time was run by bandits after dark. Thankfully they went with the end of the civil war and the restoration of government authority. Tourists are few and far between in Dushanbe and those there are probably only there as long as it takes to get a permit for the GBAO so they can go trekking.
If you're alone as I was, bring a good book or three. There's nothing to do at night in Dushanbe.
- Pros:Safe city, easy to walk around
- Cons:little to do after dark
This isn't so much of a 'must see' but a 'will be sure to see', because it is so prominent at one of the city's major... more travel advice
[Apologies -- there doesn't seem to be a Khojand listed in the database to add to my page so I've posted this... more travel advice
jkseddon's Related Pages
Dushanbe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Dushanbe Sojourn"
- "Hub to the Pamirs"
- "Visit Dushanbe"
- "Tajikistan is..."
- "Monday, Monday!"
- "Dushanbe - a faded jewel"
- "Dushanbe, Tajikistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dushanbe
- Hotels in Dushanbe
- Transportation in Dushanbe
- Nightlife in Dushanbe
- Restaurants in Dushanbe
- Shopping in Dushanbe
- Warnings and Dangers in Dushanbe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dushanbe
- 6 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dushanbe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dushanbe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Iran Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Ashgabat Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Almaty Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dushanbe Intro, 6 reviews
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tehran Intro, 5 reviews
- Muhafazat as Sulaymaniyah 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews