"Cosmopolitan Almaty" Almaty by jkseddon
Almaty Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 725 photos
Almaty is a great place to sit back and relax after some hard Central Asian travel. Finding budget accomodation can be a bit of a chore and you may end up being forced to choose between the ultra-low end and something beyond your price range.
That aside, there are good restaurants waiting and you can pass a few days with some good sights and interesting streets. The city itself has a few older buildings as well as massive Soviet style structures.
Also, for those spending a considerable amount of time in Central Asia, Almaty is enjoy a few of the comforts not found elsewhere in the region.
Almaty is a great city to walk in, with the core relatively compact and interesting buildings not too far away from one another.
If you're coming from Tashkent, surely you'll appreciate the way Almaty just seems more alive.
- Pros:Best restaurants in Central Asia
- Cons:Limited budget accomodation
Never surrender your passport to any police on the streets of cities in Central Asia. Give them a copy or tell them it's... more travel advice
Deoderant, good shampoo and the like can be a little hard to find in central Asia. Almaty is a good place to pick this... more travel advice
jkseddon's Related Pages
Almaty Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains, Marijuana fields & Mafia all together!"
- "City of apples or great time with an old flame..."
- "Almaty - The City of Apples"
- "Almaty, Central Asian Jewel"
- "Apple Land"
- "The best place on Earth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almaty
- Hotels in Almaty
- Transportation in Almaty
- Nightlife in Almaty
- Restaurants in Almaty
- Shopping in Almaty
- Warnings and Dangers in Almaty
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Almaty
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Almaty?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almaty
Photos in AlmatySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Iran Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Ashgabat Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Almaty Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dushanbe Intro, 6 reviews
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tehran Intro, 5 reviews
- Muhafazat as Sulaymaniyah 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews