Mazar-e Sharif Hotel Tips by jkseddon
Mazar-e Sharif Hotels: 5 reviews and 0 photos
A room with rope bed goes for 300 Afghanis, or about $6US. The price will be higher when you first ask, so bargain hard.
The wall to the hallway is made from windows, meaning that you don't have much privacy. There is no shower and one toilet is shared between everyone in the hotel.
The price was quoted to me as being for the room and when I asked how many could stay, I was told as many as I wanted.
Go west of the shrine about 100 meters. On the north side look for a dirty pink building and go upstairs. There is no name on the building.
Try to get a room at the back, but don't worry too much if you don't -- most traffic is off the streets soon after sunset.
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: West of the shrine.
Again, I didn't stay at this one but took a look while 'shopping' for a place to stay.
It is nice and clean, but was out of my price range. A room suitable for two was going for $30US.
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Facing the shrine on the east side (NE of the shrine).
I checked this place out, but didn't stay here. 800Afghanis ($16) buys a room with two beds which seem to be comfortable enough. Had I been with someone else I would have gone with this option.
Address: On the street running along the southern side of the shrine. The hotel faces the shrine.
Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (7)
jkseddon's Related Pages
Mazar-e Sharif Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mazar, Capital of the North"
- "What comes to mind when you think of Mazar?"
- "I Despise American Media"
- "The streets of Mazar"
- "Mazar e Sharif"
- "The Blue Mosque"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mazar-e Sharif
- Hotels in Mazar-e Sharif
- Transportation in Mazar-e Sharif
- Restaurants in Mazar-e Sharif
- Shopping in Mazar-e Sharif
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mazar-e Sharif
- 10 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mazar-e Sharif?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mazar-e Sharif
Read real reviews about Mazar-e Sharif Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Iran Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Ashgabat Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Almaty Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dushanbe Intro, 6 reviews
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tehran Intro, 5 reviews
- Muhafazat as Sulaymaniyah 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews