"What comes to mind when you think of Mazar?" Mazar-e Sharif by jkseddon
Mazar-e Sharif Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 33 photos
Unfortunately most have heard of Mazar-e Sharif for the wrong reasons? I suppose you could ask the same question about any city in Afghanistan, but this happens to be one that got a lot of coverage during the war in late 2001.
What I hope comes to people's mind when they hear this city's name is the stunning Shrine to Ali at the centre of the city. It's a bit strange to see a Shia shrine in Afghanistan, but it has been well cared for nonetheless.
- Pros:wonderful tomb of Ali
- Cons:poor choice of accomodation
It can't be missed -- this stunning blue tiled mausoleum in the middle of Mazar is probably one of the most beautiful... more travel advice
Internet access with decent speed can be found about 200 meters west of the Shrine on the south side of the street. It's... more travel advice
jkseddon's Related Pages
Mazar-e Sharif Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mazar, Capital of the North"
- "What comes to mind when you think of Mazar?"
- "I Despise American Media"
- "The streets of Mazar"
- "Mazar e Sharif"
- "The Blue Mosque"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mazar-e Sharif
- Hotels in Mazar-e Sharif
- Transportation in Mazar-e Sharif
- Restaurants in Mazar-e Sharif
- Shopping in Mazar-e Sharif
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mazar-e Sharif
- 10 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mazar-e Sharif?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mazar-e Sharif
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iraq Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mazar-e Sharif Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Iran Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Ashgabat Intro, 10 reviews, 1 photo
- Almaty Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dushanbe Intro, 6 reviews
- Afghanistan Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Tehran Intro, 5 reviews
- Muhafazat as Sulaymaniyah 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 4 reviews