"Ostrava" Top 5 Page for this destination Ostrava by swetluska
Ostrava Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 302 photos
Used to be a dirty town where black coal was mined untill 1994. Now its full of parks, sport centres and, at famous Stodolni street, full of bars :-)
While Ostrava is usually not in the top ten list of tourist attractions of the Czech Republic, there are a number of interesting places to see and things to do here. It is the largest city in North Moravia and the administrative centre of the region. Part of the town belongs to the protected landscape area. It has been integrated into the region's cycle route project, and the city is continually engaged in extending its cycle route network.
And that is still not all...you can visit theatres, museums and cinemas, with children you can visit ZOO or search for the "lost rocks" from the ice age.
Newly reconstructed restaurant in ground floor of New Town Hall. There are several rooms - restaurant, hall and summer... more travel advice
Right above the centre of Ostrava there is a stack called Ema. It was build up by storing up deads from the colliery. In... more travel advice
swetluska's Related Pages
Ostrava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The capital of Moravia-Silesian region"
- "C O L O U R S of O S T R A V A"
- "Industrial Ostrava"
- "Welcome to OSTRAVA (OSTRAU)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ostrava
- Hotels in Ostrava
- Transportation in Ostrava
- Nightlife in Ostrava
- Restaurants in Ostrava
- Shopping in Ostrava
- Warnings and Dangers in Ostrava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ostrava
- 57 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Ostrava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ostrava
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ostrava Intro, 57 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Olomouc Intro, 20 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Valasske Mezirici Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Kromeriz Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Karvina Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue