"Mexico" Mexico by swetluska
Mexico Travel Guide: 21,290 reviews and 50,877 photos
My cousin had been in Mexico as an au-pair, so my parents bought me a plane ticket for my birthday. Well...I have never seen so much poverty and wealth at the same time at the same place....
You can see beggars everywhere on the streets as well as the rich people locking from those beggars in their limousines.
As a tourists, you will probably enjoy the stay as I did. You can visit ruins of old cities, you can admire the nature, spend lot of hours in museums exploring the history and culture.
The most visited places are Teotihuacan for its pyramides and Tula for its 4 meters tall statutes. Good trip is also to the Taxco - its streets are built like in labyrinth. Silver was extracted here and you can find thousand of shops with silver today.
If you have time, try to visit The anthropological museum. You won't regret! And don't miss the voladores - those strange people who hang down from the tower in front of the museum. They are lowering down the tower and also turn around themselves...this is not because they like feeling sick. Number of the persons, number of their turns..it all has its reflection in the number of days and months in old calendar.
- Pros:Fantastic oportunites for turists...pyramids, nature, museums...
- Cons:It's impossible to look NOT like a tourist when you are tall and blonde.
swetluska's Related Pages
Mexico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mexican medley"
- "TIPS FOR TRAVELERS TO MEXICO"
- "LA MAGIA DE MEXICO"
- "Mexico for cultural explorers"
- "A week in Banderas Bay"
- "La Venta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico
- Hotels in Mexico
- Transportation in Mexico
- Nightlife in Mexico
- Restaurants in Mexico
- Shopping in Mexico
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexico
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Mexico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ostrava Intro, 57 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 17 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Olomouc Intro, 20 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Valasske Mezirici Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Czech Republic Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Kromeriz Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Karvina Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue