"Springfield - the city Lincoln Loved" Top 5 Page for this destination Springfield by Muya
Springfield Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 411 photos
When Abraham Lincoln left Springfield, he said : “For more than a quarter of a century, I have lived among you and ...have received nothing but kindness at your hands”.
Well I must say Springfield is a nice little town, the capital of the State of Illinois, that we visited on our way to Saint Louis. The Capitol impressed me a lot, especially the ceiling and its decoration that I particularly appreciated. It seemed quite huge to me, as it was in fact the first american capitol I saw, and also the place where I learned the difference between the donkey and the elephant in a political point of view :-)
A part from homing the state Capitol, Springfield also has the honor and priviledge of being the town where Abraham Licoln lived... Many traces of his life there can be found everywhere in the city and the whole state actually...every little spot where he stopped seems to have been made use of for tourism.
In Springfield, many of the attractions are within walking distance from each other, and wandering in the historical neighborhood, admiring all the old mansions, is a good memory I keep from my trip.
The first step towards reconstruction of the village was taken in 1906. The interests in the sites were kept alive but... more travel advice
The 16th President of the United States logically occupies the best place on the Capitol’s grounds. The ten-foot, six... more travel advice
Muya's Related Pages
Springfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital City of Illinois: Springfield"
- "Springfield - the city Lincoln Loved"
- "Springfield, Illinois"
- "Where fine Illinois Politicians serve the Public"
- "Lived here for a time and left as fast as I could"
- "Springfield, IL"
- "Illinois State Capitol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Springfield
- Hotels in Springfield
- Transportation in Springfield
- Nightlife in Springfield
- Restaurants in Springfield
- Shopping in Springfield
- Warnings and Dangers in Springfield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Springfield
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Springfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Springfield
Photos in SpringfieldSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 58 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tahiti Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos
- Moorea Intro, 33 reviews, 63 photos
- Egypt Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos
- Bora-Bora Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Florida Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos
- Leuven Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
Latest Springfield hotel reviews
- Ramada Limited Dirksen Parkway
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- President Abraham Lincoln Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Route 66 Hotel And Conference Center
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- The State House Inn, A Clarion Collection Hotel
- 564 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Travelodge Springfield
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Hilton Springfield
- 359 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013