"California - the Golden State" California by Muya
California Travel Guide: 47,727 reviews and 116,127 photos
California is THE State that symbolizes the El Dorado and the Gold Rush ! We were really eager to discover it ourself :-)
And we discovered a stunning place, with many geographical contrasts. Green landscapes in the North linked to the more desertic south by the scenic Pacific Coast and its postcard landscapes.
Three months after we returned from our fabulous trip, it is time to start telling our adventures through the west of the US. A roadtrip that lead us for 23 days through California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Colorado, and left us with lots of memories in mind.
On July 17th, after a 3-hours stop at Chicago O’Hare, we finally landed in Los Angeles... tired from a 24-hours journey, but sooo excited !
Next morning, we woke up in L.A. with just one wish : spend the day in the world of movies ! So, Universal Studios and Hollywood were our first glimpse of L.A. We started our third day in the States with a short visit of downtown in the morning, and then spent the rest of the day in Disneyland and its magic. On Day 4, we left for San Diego and visited Cabrillo National Monument and the zoo in the afternoon, then Old Town in the evening. We visited Joshua Tree on our way to Death Valley on Day 5. Day 6 was almost entirely dedicated to Death Valley.
For the period between Day 7 and 17, visit my Nevada, Arizona, Utah and Colorado pages.
Day 17 : a stop at Lake Tahoe on our way to Sacramento and San Francisco. Then after a few days in this beautiful city, we took Highway 1 during 3 days to reach Los Angeles again. Powerful ocean and magnifiscent coastal landscape, very close to the ones of Britanny sometimes...Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Malibu Beach were the last stops of our trip.
We stopped in Baker on our way to Death Valley for 2 reasons : first of all we were starving and eager to try the famous... more travel advice
I particularly enjoyed this portion of our trip that lead us through the Palm Desert and San Bernardino Forest, Santa... more travel advice
Muya's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Badges & Stats in California
- 55 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 58 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tahiti Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos
- Moorea Intro, 33 reviews, 63 photos
- Egypt Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos
- Bora-Bora Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Florida Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos
- Leuven Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos