"Tenerife" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife by Muya
Isla de Tenerife Travel Guide: 1,427 reviews and 3,069 photos
The Canary Islands...a name that has always meant something to me… Members of my family used to spend their holidays there when I was a little girl, and I always imagined Tenerife so far away and so lost in the Ocean… It represented a kind of paradise to me, home to thousands of canaries ;-)
Then I had the opportunity to visit the island twice, first in july 2002, and this year in october. And each timeI go, I always see something different.
Please, Tenerife is NOT Las Americas and co…it’s much more than that !!! I am always astonished when I hear people say "Oh, Tenerife ? There's nothing to do there". It’s so wrong !!! Of course your feeling might be like that if you choose to book a room in Las Americas and spend your day going from your room to the pool, and from the pool to the dining room... and maybe have a drink or two in the evening at one of the numerous tourist pubs. This is a way to spend your holiday of course, but then don’t say there’s nothing to do on the island ;-)
Tenerife is the biggest of the seven Canary Islands, each one being so different that they used to be called Las Islas Fortunadas (the Lucky Islands).
With its 3718 m, the volcano Pico del Teide, snow-capped in the winter time, towers above the island. Tenerife is the most diversified of the Canary Islands, more arid in the South and so green to the North ! Climate can be very different every 20 km !
My advice is to rent a car and ride through the little roads crossing the islands, through picturesque little villages that reflect the canarian soul so well :-)
- Pros:Great weather and beautiful little villages
- Cons:Mass-tourism at some places
- In a nutshell:Sunny all year long
With so many beautiful landscapes, walks are an appropriate thing to do on Tenerife. Many paths exist all around the... more travel advice
According to me, one of the nicest beaches in the area of Las Americas and Los Cristianos, with the black sand that is... more travel advice
Muya's Related Pages
Isla de Tenerife Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tenerife - Island Of Surprises"
- "Tenerife or the heaven in the Atlantic Ocean"
- "Tenerife, An island of lava, blossom and animals"
- "Who cannot be happy here?"
- "Tenerife - Love it or Hate it!!!"
- "Back to the Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de Tenerife
- Hotels in Isla de Tenerife
- Transportation in Isla de Tenerife
- Nightlife in Isla de Tenerife
- Restaurants in Isla de Tenerife
- Shopping in Isla de Tenerife
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de Tenerife
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla de Tenerife
- 58 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Isla de Tenerife?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de Tenerife
Photos in Isla de TenerifeSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 58 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tahiti Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos
- Moorea Intro, 33 reviews, 63 photos
- Egypt Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos
- Bora-Bora Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Florida Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos
- Leuven Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos