"Salon-de-Provence" Salon-de-Provence by Muya
Salon-de-Provence Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 12 photos
Pleasant little town in the heart of the Provence. Quite famous thanks to its relation with Nostradamus, who lived in Salon for several years, and whose house has been turned into a museum.
I’ve been to Salon several times already, but I was staying on the outskirts. This time we went for the week-end to our friends’wedding, and slept in town. And it really made me see the city differently. I could feel the atmosphere of summer nights in town, go out for a walk in the evening, have a meal somewhere on a terrace, or simply have a drink. I enjoyed that a lot :-) And we also took the time to visit different things the city has to offer.
Salon is definitely a good staying place to circle around and discover beautiful Provence.
During the week-end, we also visited the village of Oppède-le-Vieux, and went to Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer as well as the Pont du Gard (see my page on Remoulins) on our way back to Belgium.
Build between the 10th and 13th centuries on the Puech Rock, this fortified castle that belonged to the archbishops of... more travel advice
An enchanting place to celebrate a wedding ! A large alley of trees leads you to the entrance of the castle. The ancient... more travel advice
Muya's Related Pages
Salon-de-Provence Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Salon-de-Provence
- Hotels in Salon-de-Provence
- Restaurants in Salon-de-Provence
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Salon-de-Provence
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Salon-de-Provence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salon-de-Provence
Photos in Salon-de-ProvenceSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 43 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Tenerife Intro, 58 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tahiti Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos
- Moorea Intro, 33 reviews, 63 photos
- Egypt Intro, 44 reviews, 49 photos
- Bora-Bora Intro, 33 reviews, 58 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 35 reviews, 54 photos
- Vienna Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos
- Florida Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos
- Leuven Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
Latest Salon-de-Provence hotel reviews
- Hotel d'Angleterre
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 5, 2012