"KORCË" Top 5 Page for this destination Korce by Avieira67
Korce Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 218 photos
Korcë is located on South West Albania, not far from the Greek border. According to its 60.000 inhabitants , it is the fifth largest city in Albania.
Mentioned in medieval documents in 1280 as Coviza, the modern town dates from the end of the 15th century, when Iljaz Hoxha, under the command of Sultan Mehmet II, developed Korçë.
In 1440, this city was destroyed by the Turks, but developed again after the 16th century.
Ever since Albania gained independence in the Balkan Wars, Korcë has been claimed by Greece.
Greek troops occupied it during the Balkan War [1912–13] and during the beginning of the World War I. From 1916 to 1920 it was occupied and administered by the French, and in World War II it was held by the Greeks.
Avieira67's Related Pages
Korce Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Korcë, a green city"
- "nmercury64's new Korce Page"
- "Korce, Albania"
- "Southern Korce"
- "VvVvVvV's new Korce Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Korce
- Hotels in Korce
- Transportation in Korce
- Nightlife in Korce
- Restaurants in Korce
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Korce
- 8 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Korce?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Korce
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 258 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 56 reviews, 199 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 47 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 58 reviews, 127 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 34 reviews, 70 photos
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 66 photos
- Tirana Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos