"The Slovak National Theatre" Bratislava by Avieira67
Bratislava Travel Guide: 2,017 reviews and 4,549 photos
I stoped for a half day in bratislava in the summer of 1995.
I took a picture of this impressionant monunent (this is not my copy because I din't scan it yet).
This monument was established in 1920 shortly after a disintegration of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in 1918 and subsequent creation of the Czechoslovak Republic. The building stands on a site where the first stone theatre in Upper Hungary had stood from 1776–1884. In the past plays were performed in German and Hungarian. The Slovak National Theatre brought a revival of the Slovak language and the Slovak literary heritage.
Avieira67's Related Pages
Bratislava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vitajte v Bratislave !"
- "Bratislava - My Hometown"
- "Bratislava - Gateway to the Little Carpathians"
- "Bratislava - Proud to play second fiddle"
- "Bratislava - The smallest big city"
- "Bratislava - cozy and small capital of Slovakia"
- "Bratislava - The Beauty on the Danube"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bratislava
- Hotels in Bratislava
- Transportation in Bratislava
- Nightlife in Bratislava
- Restaurants in Bratislava
- Shopping in Bratislava
- Warnings and Dangers in Bratislava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bratislava
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Bratislava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bratislava
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 63 reviews, 263 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 56 reviews, 123 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 109 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Ribeira Grande Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Larnaca Intro, 14 reviews, 58 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos
- Paphos Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos