"GRUTAS PARKAS" Grutas by Avieira67
Grutas Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 170 photos
Grutas Park, located in one of the most beautiful Lithuanian countryside, is considered to be the unique one for the quantity of the sculptures with an ideological content. All memorial Soviet statues were taken from the different places by cranes when Lithuanians got back their independence in 1989.
There are the sculptures of Lenin, a rare Stalin, soldiers, writers, workers and other Soviet heroes. There is an information center-Museum in Grutas Park. Soviet area is reflected in the exposition about ideologised Soviet propaganda. There the authentic documents, photographs, machines and other material are exhibited. The most charming thing is the souvenirs on the Soviet period theme.
Children can find here a small zoo.
Avieira67's Related Pages
Grutas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Learn the truth about the Soviet Union"
- "Grutas park - look into communism and Soviet Union"
- "GRUTAS PARKAS"
- "Grutas, Lithuania"
- "Gruto Parkas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grutas
- Transportation in Grutas
- Restaurants in Grutas
- Shopping in Grutas
- Warnings and Dangers in Grutas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grutas
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Grutas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grutas
Photos in GrutasSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 258 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 56 reviews, 122 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 42 reviews, 125 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Ribeira Grande Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos
- Larnaca Intro, 14 reviews, 58 photos