"Furnas" Furnas by Avieira67
Furnas Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 137 photos
This picturesque parish belongs to the municipality of Povoação. The population in 2011 was 1,439, its density is 42.5 inhab./km² and the area is 33.88 km². The parish is one of the largest in the island and in the Azores. It is located 45 km east of Ponta Delgada, west of Povoação village and southeast of Ribeira Grande.
Places must see:
Dona Beija Spot
A private botanic garden called Parque Terra Nostra with a swimming pool served by natural hot ironwater invites you to spend a couple of hours or, even, a whole day.
Mineral gasificated waters are present almost everywere, especially around the geyser's, and run to the river going to Ribeira Quente. The only mineral water without gas, Gloria Patri, commercialized in the Island, is produced in this village. Also here, you find a modern modern Thermal Centre.
Besides the beautiful lake, which can be better appreciated from Miradouro do Pico do Ferro, close to Golf Field Batalha, Caldeiras/fumarolas (small geisers and spots) decore the village.
In a place not far from the botanic garden you find a hot spot Poça da Dona Beija where you are invited to have a warm bath.
There is a regular bus service to both Ponta Delgada and Ribeira Grande.
If you decide to make this trail, I advise you to walk the way down the hill only. The way up to the Pico do Ferro... more travel advice
Este parque tem uma área de aproximadamente 3 hectares e situa-se a uma altitude próxima dos 22 m. Além de possuir zonas... more travel advice
Avieira67's Related Pages
Furnas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Furnas, Sao Miguel, Azores"
- "Furnas, Sao Miguel"
- "Parque Terra Nostra"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Furnas
- 9 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Furnas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Furnas
Photos in FurnasSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 258 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 43 reviews, 142 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 56 reviews, 122 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 37 reviews, 109 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 32 reviews, 69 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Ribeira Grande Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 19 reviews, 53 photos
- Larnaca Intro, 14 reviews, 58 photos