"NORDESTE MUNICIPALITY" Nordeste by Avieira67
Nordeste Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 53 photos
Nordeste, a municipality on the northeastern part of the Island, is located east of Ponta Delgada and Vila Franca do Campo, Est of Ribeira Grande and Northest of Furnas and is linked with a road connecting Ponta Delgada and Lagoa and west to Ribeira Grande. It has a population of 4,937 (data from 2011).
The main source of industry are agriculture and fishing while some businesses are in the downtown area.
The municipality includes 9 parishes: Achada, Achadinha, Algarvia, Lomba da Fazenda, Nordeste, Salga, Santana, Santo António de Nordestinho and São Pedro de Nordestinho.
Most of the mountains are covered with forests and valleys which features creeks and streams and are grassy in both lower and higher elevations. The rest of the land are made up of agricultural lands and some forests. The mountaintop is to the southwest and the coastline is to the northwest, the northeast and the southeast.
The highest elevations of Nordeste are: Pico Redondo (980 m), Pico Verde (927 m), Pico Bartolomeu (887 m) and Pico da Vara (1103 m), the last being the highest point of São Miguel Island.
Nordeste municipality is far away from Ponta Delgada and is an interesting place to explore due to gorgeous landscapes.... more travel advice
Written Sep 24, 2013
Miradouro da Ponta do Sossego
Written Sep 24, 2013
Miradouro da Ponta da Madrugada
Avieira67's Related Pages
Nordeste Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Nordeste
- 3 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Nordeste?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nordeste
Photos in NordesteSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 62 reviews, 258 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 56 reviews, 199 photos
- Sarajevo Intro, 47 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ponta Delgada Intro, 56 reviews, 122 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 34 reviews, 70 photos
- Rome Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos
- Bagan Intro, 20 reviews, 70 photos
- Tirana Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 25 reviews, 55 photos